The Admissions Process overview for the class of 2024:
- Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Attend a Virtual Information Session (November 4, 2021, or January/February 2022 TBD)
- Start an Application (application portal will open in January 2022)
- Attend a Virtual Visit (in February, 2022)
- Complete and Submit Your Application (deadline March 4, 2022)
Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Review the Academy website to determine whether you are eligible to apply to the Academy, and that it is a good fit for you.
- Look through the About Menu at the top of this page which includes our School Profile, Student Web Pages, Faculty, answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
- If you are interested in applying to the Academy, it is highly recommended that you attend a Virtual Information Session where you can take a virtual tour of the school, meet staff, current students, and parents, and receive an overview of the school and curriculum.
- Videos links from our two Virtual Information Sessions can be found in the box below.
Virtual Information Session Dates and Times
Join us at our first Virtual Information Session Webinar on Thursday, November 4th, from 6:30-8:30 pm, where you can learn more about the Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science at WPI, a public high school at a prestigious university. Register here
You will discover an educational environment that offers small classes, active engagement, and an opportunity to matriculate to Worcester Polytechnic Institute for your senior year – tuition free!
- Thursday, November 4, 2021, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Video from 2020 session can be found here (Video)
- Virtual Information Sessions begin promptly at the designated start time with a Director’s Welcome. The Director’s Welcome will provide an overview of the Mass Academy program, including admission policies, curriculum, school calendar, and expectations. The video recording of the presentations will be available in the links above after each session.
- Brief faculty presentations for each curricular area will follow the Director’s Welcome.
- Information about courses, which are handed-out during in-person sessions, are available at these links; Computer Science, Humanities, Languages, Physics, and STEM/STW.
- Current student and parent representatives will join all faculty and staff for a question and answer session at the conclusion of the presentations.
Start an Application
- You can start or continue an application at any point in the application process, but we recommend starting one early so you can begin to gather the necessary information and request recommendations.
- The Apply button at the top of this page will allow you to read the requirements for an application, such as Background Information, Activities List, Two Essay Prompts, Video Submission, Recommendations, and more.
- Applicants must use their accounts in the Application Portal to email recommendation requests to the recommenders from within the system.
- Our online application process for this school year will run from early January to early March.
**Admissions Diagnostic Test procedures for class of 2024 will be updated in December 2021**
Admissions Diagnostic Test (Class of 2023)
- Because of COVID-19 restrictions, we are not offering or requiring a diagnostic test for the current application cycle.
- We strongly recommend submission of a nationally-normed test score (PSAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, AP) with your application.
- We understand it has been difficult to take standardized tests recently, and submitting a score is not a requirement for applications this year.
Schedule a Virtual Visit
- A Virtual Visit is an event designed for students to be able to interact with peers in small groups, and provide prospective applicants an opportunity to spend time with current Mass Academy students.
- Our juniors and seniors will showcase their work from the Academy and WPI, and discuss a day in the life of an Academy student.
- Student participants will then break into small discussion groups, of no more than 15, to allow time for visitors to ask current Mass Academy students individual questions to get a sense of the program.
- The Virtual Visit button at the top of this page will allow you to register for a session.
Virtual Visit Dates and Times
- Virtual visit 1 TBA
- Virtual visit 2 TBA
- Virtual visit 3 TBA
Complete and Submit Your Application
- Click on the Apply button on the top of this page to continue and complete your application.
- Completed applications are due by Friday, March 4, 2022, by 11:59 pm.
- Admission decisions are emailed in early May. Students who are accepted will attend a mandatory orientation with their parents in May. More information on this event will be provided upon acceptance.
Additional Questions and Contact
- Questions specific to the online Application Process can be emailed to email@example.com or by calling 508-831-5859.