The Admissions Process overview for the class of 2025:
- Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Attend a Virtual Information Session (November 3, 2022, or January 26, 2023)
- Start an Application (application portal scheduled to open in mid-December 2022)
- Attend a Virtual Visit (dates to be announced)
- Complete and Submit Your Application (deadline February 22, 2023)
Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Review the Mass Academy website to determine whether you are eligible to apply to Mass Academy, and that it is a good fit for you.
- Look through the About Menu at the top of this page which includes our Academics, School Profile, Student Web Pages, Faculty, answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
Attend a Virtual Information Session
- If you are interested in applying to Mass Academy, it is highly recommended that you attend a Virtual Information Session where you can take a virtual tour of the school, meet staff, current students, and parents, and receive an overview of the school and curriculum.
Virtual Information Session Dates and Times
Join us at our first Virtual Information Session Webinar on Thursday, November 3rd, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, where you can learn more about the Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science at WPI, a public high school at a prestigious university. You will discover an educational environment that offers small classes, active engagement, and an opportunity to attend Worcester Polytechnic Institute for your senior year – tuition free!
- Thursday, November 3, 2022, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Register here)
- Thursday, January 26, 2023, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Registration coming soon)
- Virtual Information Sessions begin promptly at the designated start time with a Director’s Welcome. The Director’s Welcome will provide an overview of the Mass Academy program, including admission policies, curriculum, school calendar, and expectations.
- Brief faculty presentations for each curricular area will follow the Director’s Welcome.
- Information about courses, which are handed-out during in-person sessions, are available at these links; Computer Science, Humanities, Languages, Physics, and STEM/STW.
- Current student and parent representatives will join all faculty and staff for a question and answer session at the conclusion of the presentations.
- The video recording of the presentations will be available in the links above after each session.
- A previously recorded (January 27, 2022) Information Session video can be found here.
Start an Application
- You can start or continue an application at any point in the application process, but we recommend starting one early so you can begin to gather the necessary information and request recommendations.
- The Apply button at the top of this page will lead to the Application Portal when the application system is open, from mid-December to late February.
- The student portion of an application includes Background Information, Activities List, Two Essay Prompts, and an optional Video Submission. Learn more about what information is required for the student portion of an application.
- A completed application includes 3 required teacher recommendations, 1 required school counselor recommendation (with transcripts), and 1 optional recommendation. Learn more about what is required for the teacher recommendations, and school counselor recommendation.
- Applicants must use their accounts in the Application Portal to email recommendation requests to the recommenders from within the system.
Attend a Virtual Visit
- A Virtual Visit is an event designed for students to be able to interact with peers in small groups, and provide prospective applicants an opportunity to spend time with current Mass Academy students.
- Our juniors and seniors will showcase their work from Mass Academy and WPI, and discuss a day in the life of a Mass Academy student.
- Student participants will then break into small discussion groups, of no more than 15, to allow time for visitors to ask current Mass Academy students individual questions to get a sense of the program.
- The Virtual Visit button at the top of this page will allow you to register for a session (registration is currently not open).
Complete and Submit Your Application
- Click on the Apply button on the top of this page to continue and complete your application in the Application Portal from mid-December to late February.
- Completed applications are due by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
- Admission decisions are emailed in early May. Students who are accepted will attend a mandatory orientation with their parents in May. More information on this event will be provided upon acceptance.
Additional Questions and Contact
- Questions specific to the online Application Process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 508-831-5859.