The Admissions Process overview for the class of 2026:
- Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Attend an Information Session (October 4, 2023, or January 20, 2024) and/or Watch a previously recorded Virtual Information Session
- Start an Application (Application portal to open in mid-December)
- Attend a Virtual Visit (Tentative)
- Complete and Submit Your Application (deadline February 21, 2024)
Learn About Us through Our Web Pages
- Review the Mass Academy website to determine whether you are eligible to apply to Mass Academy, and that it is a good fit for you.
- Look through the About Menu at the top of this page which includes our Academics, School Profile, Student Web Pages, Faculty, answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and more.
Attend an Information Session
- If you would like to learn more or are interested in applying to Mass Academy, please consider attending one of our in-person information sessions. At these sessions, you will have the opportunity to tour the school, meet staff and current students, and hear an overview of our program and admissions process. While attending an information session is highly recommended, it is not required.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023, from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, January 20, 2024, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- If you are unable to attend one of the scheduled in-person information sessions, you can watch a previously recorded virtual information session here.
Information Session Dates and TimesInformation sessions will be in person at Mass Academy and begin promptly at the designated time:
Both information sessions will include a director’s welcome and classroom visits. The director’s welcome will provide an overview of the Mass Academy program, including the admission policies, curriculum, school calendar, and expectations. The classroom visits will allow students and families the opportunity to visit the classroom areas and speak with faculty and current students.
Registration is not required. Doors open 15 minutes prior to information session start time.
Start an Application
- You can start or continue an application at any point in the application process, but we recommend starting one early so you can begin to gather the necessary information and request recommendations.
- The Apply button at the top of this page will lead to the Application Portal when the application system is open, from mid-December to late February.
- The student portion of an application includes Background Information, Activities List, Two Essay Prompts, and an optional Video Submission. Learn more about what information is required for the student portion of an application. (updates pending)
- A completed application includes 3 required teacher recommendations, 1 required school counselor recommendation (with transcripts), and 1 optional recommendation, along with 3 Guarantees of Residency (see Residency Requirement). Learn more about what is required for the teacher recommendations, and school counselor recommendation.
- Applicants must use their accounts in the Application Portal to email recommendation requests to the recommenders from within the system.
Attend a Virtual Visit (Tentative)
- A Virtual Visit is an event designed for students to be able to interact with peers in small groups, and provide prospective applicants an opportunity to spend time with current Mass Academy students.
- Our juniors and seniors will showcase their work from Mass Academy and WPI, and discuss a day in the life of a Mass Academy student.
- Student participants will then break into small discussion groups, of no more than 20, to allow time for visitors to ask current Mass Academy students individual questions to get a sense of the program.
Complete and Submit Your Application
- Click on the Apply button on the top of this page to continue and complete your application in the Application Portal from mid-December to late February.
- Completed applications are due by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, February 21, 2024.
- Admission decisions are emailed in early May. Students who are accepted will attend a mandatory orientation with their parents/guardians in June. More information on this event will be provided upon acceptance.
Additional Questions and Contact
- Questions specific to the online Application Process can be emailed to email@example.com or by calling 508-831-5859.