The following list is for informational purposes so that applicants know what questions will be asked without having to make an account, and can begin to draft responses. Applicants must use their accounts in the Application Portal to paste their responses and complete their application.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS: It is the policy of the Massachusetts Academy of Mathematics and Science that each qualified individual, regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, genetic identity, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, shall have equal opportunity in education and services of the Academy.
Mass Academy Form A – Student
- Student name; first, middle, last
- Gender (male/female/other) [optional]
- Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- Established permanent legal residency in Massachusetts is required to apply to Mass Academy. Have you read and understand the Residency Requirement policy?
- Mailing address (if different from account information)
- Schools attended in the past three years – Please list the schools in the order of the current school year, last school year, and previous school year.
- Disciplinary History – Have you ever been found responsible for a serious disciplinary violation at your school, or been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony? If yes, then we will contact you to fill out a separate form.
- Current parent or guardian contact information
- List family members who have attended Mass Academy
- How did you hear about Mass Academy?
- Ethnicity – Mass Academy is committed to guaranteeing equality of opportunity in education to students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds. If you wish to identify yourself as a member of a specific racial, ethnic, or other group, please indicate.
- First Language – Per regulations established by the Civil Rights Review of the Academy, we must determine the first language and subsequent language proficiencies of Academy students.
- Additional Languages
- Math Activities (1000 character maximum)
- Science Activities (1000 character maximum)
- Technology Activities (1000 character maximum)
- Other Activities (1000 character maximum)
From the activities you included above, list the three that you are most proud of or that are most important to you, in order of importance. 1st, 2nd, 3rd:
- Essay 1: Compose a short personal essay that you believe will help us know you better. Please address one or more of the following prompts (2500 character maximum including spaces, or approximately 400 words):
- Describe an important event in your life and how it has affected you.
- What motivates or matters to you and why? How does it guide you academically or personally?
- Describe a personal or academic challenge that you have faced and how you overcame it. What did you learn from this experience?
- What additional information would you like us to know about you?
- Essay 2: Why do you believe you are a good fit or match for Mass Academy? (2500 character maximum including spaces, or approximately 400 words)
- Video Submission: Learn more details about the Video Submission.
- Reporting of standardized test scores is optional. In the Recommendation Forms, School Counselors can submit standardized test scores upon your request. You may self-report your test scores from grade 8 or beyond, such as PSAT, SAT, SSAT, ACT, MCAS, AP, or other state or national standardized tests. You will not need to upload official score report documents but your scores should match any scores your School Counselor may have submitted. List the test type and summary score (not sub-scores). We prefer you use the following text template to copy-and-paste, add, edit, or delete any entries that do not apply.
PSAT Oct 2022 EBRW = xxx, Math = xxx, SAT May 2022 EBRW = xxx, Math = xxx, SAT Oct 2022 EBRW = xxx, Math = xxx, MCAS 2022 ELA = xxx, Math = xxx, MCAS 2022 Bio = xxx, AP History May 2022 = xxx, AP Statistics May 2022 = xxx,