Mass Academy is committed to providing excellence and innovation in teaching practice, as well as a model for schools in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. As a professional development hub for teachers across the state, Mass Academy has reached over 5,000 colleagues this year alone in professional development training in the areas of STEM, language, math modeling, technology in the classroom, and more.
“Super Saturday” Mini-PD Event
Texas Instruments Math/Science/STEM Professional Development for Middle & High School
Effectively Using the Latest TI Technology in Math, Science, and STEM
- Date: Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Cost: $25.00
- Location: 85 Prescott Street, Worcester, MA 01605
- 7:30-8:30 Check in/Continental Breakfast in Brickyard
- 8:30-8:40 Welcome/Overview in Brickyard
BLOCK 1: 8:40-10:30
- Session 1: Introduction to Coding with Innovator & Rover
- Session 2: Beyond the Basics on the TI 84Plus CE
- Session 3: Algebra 1 Success with TI Technology
- Session 4: Intermediate Coding with Innovator & Rover
- Session 5: Science Success with TI Technology, part I
Break: 10:30 – 10:45 – coffee in Brickyard/calculator updates in library
BLOCK 2: 10:45-12:35
- Session 6: Innovator & Rover in the Math Classroom
- Session 7: Geometry Success with TI Technology
- Session 8: More Algebra 1 Success with TI Technology
- Session 9: Statistics Success with TI Technology
- Session 10: Science Success with TI Technology, part II
- Session 11: Engaging Students with the Engineering Design Process using TI Technology
Door Prizes and Closing: 12:40 – 1:00
REGISTRATION: Registration is required email Robyn Poulsen: email@example.com with the following information:
- e-mail address:
- FIRST CHOICE Block 1 Session number and Block 2 session number
SECOND CHOICE Block 1 Session number and Block 2 session number (in case of closed/cancelled first choice sessions)
Preferred TI Platform: TI Nspire OR TI 84Plus CE
PAYMENT: Pay when you arrive; purchase orders; personal checks or cash are accepted. Make checks payable to “Mass Academy” P.O’s should be made out to Mass Academy (not TI) at the address above.
SESSION CANCELLATION: A session will be closed once maximum enrollment is reached. Sessions with low enrollment may be cancelled and you will be notified no later than September 19th if it has been cancelled.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE EVENT: If you have a TI-Nspire handheld or a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator, you may bring it along to the Workshop. If you do, please insure that it is updated with the latest Operating System. Visit https://education.ti.com/en/software/search We will have TI Workshop Loan equipment (Ti-84 Plus CE Graphing Calculators and TI-Nspire CX Handhelds) for you to borrow, so there is no need to bring your own unless you choose to do so. You will have Internet access.
DIRECTIONS: Mass Academy can be found at https://www.massacademy.org/facilities.html