Mass Academy relies on the kindness and generosity of the community to help provide the best education possible to its students. Learn more about how you can donate or volunteer to help support the Academy.
Mass Academy is the only public school in the Commonwealth funded out of the Higher Education Budget, and not supported by Chapter 70 funds; therefore, generating funds to supplement our legislative subsidy is critical. Please consider making a donation (PDF) to support and promote talented STEM students who will become the leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
Financial support from donors helps us provide…
- New STEM equipment for the classrooms
- Our artist-in-residence program that invites the Walden Players, a professional string quartet, to the school each year to work with our students and bring the arts and humanities to life through music
- Events like the junior/senior breakfast, Senior Night, a retreat for juniors, Day of Diversity, FIRST Robotics, and field trips
- Transportation for our math, mock trial, and computer teams to competitions
- Classroom technology, including new “Smart Boards” in the Science & Technical Writing and Physics rooms
- A new sound system in the brickyard
- Scholarships that allow students to present at national science and engineering symposiums
- Upgrades to our computer science lab, printers, and tablets
- Maker space
Mass Academy’s state budget cannot possibly support these needs to ensure a quality student experience; only through your generosity is all of this possible. Please contact the Academy director, Michael Barney, with any questions.
It is important to note that many corporations have matching gift programs. Because Mass Academy is a tax-exempt (501-c-3) organization as a public school, it is eligible for matching gift programs, so your donation can double!
Mass Academy also welcomes those who would like to help shape and inform our students’ educational experiences through volunteering. Below are examples of ways alumni, parents, and friends can work with Academy students:
- Serve as a judge for the annual science fair
- Host a Mass Academy intern at your company or organization
- Mentor a young engineer on a formative STEM project
- Deliver a guest lecture on a topic that will impact or inspire a future scientist
- Join the students in celebrating Computer Science Week, Day of Diversity, Women’s History Month, or Robotics Week
Life gets busy, but taking the time to volunteer can make a huge impact on your life and the lives of students. Email the Academy today to learn more.